The Commercial & Contracts team is the pro-active conduit through which the University sources and wins commercial, income generating work. The team provides a responsive and professional service to both business and internal academic clients.
The team have a range of commercial and legal skills and a combined significant number of years of business experience within Higher Education. They professionally advise and guide academic colleagues, enabling them to successfully bid for projects and programmes.
The team tend to locate and bid for commercial contracts through:
- Tendering – refers to the process whereby organisations invite bids for projects with a finite deadline. Increasingly the team are supporting academic colleagues to bid for work through tender submissions. Tender opportunities are wide-ranging, and include specialised education and training, commercial consultancy advice and expertise and contract research, spanning both the public and private sectors.
- Key account management – securing repeat business from satisfied clients is a primary objective for us. We build sustainable relationships with key partners, through account management focusing on exemplary customer service (guided by our ISO 9001:2008 certification) and delivering on requirements. In most cases, we exceed expectations and have countless testimonials to evidence that. Happy clients tend to refer us to others – which is great too.
- Academic colleagues’ contacts in business – many of our business-active academics create their own contacts in external organisations. We provide the commercial environment, framework and hands-on support to move any business opportunities forward.
- Networking – we proactively source work through networking. We are members or supporters of organisations such as CBI, Institute of Directors (IoD), Cardiff Business Club, South Wales Chamber of Commerce, Business in the Community, Arts & Business Cymru, M4 Business Network , Estnet and MediWales (this is by no means an exhaustive list!). Many of our academic colleagues also benefit from networks within professional accreditation bodies such as ACCA, CIM, CIPS, ILM.
- Direct enquiries from organisations – we promote ourselves as widely as possible. We ensure that we respond to all enquiries in as reasonable a time as we can. We understand that ‘time is money’ and that businesses expect a professional response. And if we can’t help with the enquiry, we will do our best to refer the business to someone who can.
- Referrals from satisfied clients – as we said above, happy clients tend to refer us. Particularly in those areas where we have a reputation for delivering high quality, excellent results, impacting on organisational development and strategic direction.
For more information contact us on 0845 519 2284 or email us: mailto:email@example.com