What is The Executive Programme ?
“Manage well, Lead more…’’
Many people have the word ‘Manager’ in their job title, only to find that ‘leadership’ is talked about as something more desirable.
If you are an aspiring senior manager or an existing senior manager that has not had opportunity for self- development, or if you want to unravel some mystery’s surrounding strategy, leadership, change, and your own leadership skills and style, this short strategic leadership and management programme is the right one for you.
Delivered in partnership with the Professional Development Centre, the programme encourages you to meet the challenges encountered in leadership and management head on.The content of the programme lends itself to experiential learning. This means that learning need to be experienced to be transferred.
You need an open mind to challenge your way of doing things and that of those around you, be open to new styles of learning and be ready to discuss, be honest and open, want to learn.
You will attend 5 workshop days and meet with a coach who will be assigned to you for 2-3 sessions to help you implement your learning in your own environment.
Topics we will cover…
- The Strategic Leadership Environment – Strategic leadership, Transformational leadership, Structure and systems and Thinking strategically.
- Strategic Leadership – Leadership, Context/Complexity, Trust, Relationships
- Developing Senior Leaders – Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness, Reflective practice, Purpose, Vision and Values
- Planning and Implementing Change – Models of Change, Appreciative Inquiry, Collaboration, Culture, Empowerment, Planning and accountability
- Power, Politics, Influence and Networking – Communication, Influencing, Negotiation, Personal power, Narrative Inquiry
You can gain and ILM Level 7 Award in Leadership and Management by completing one assignment broken down into 6 tasks.
You will attend two half day tutorial support sessions to assist you with this and we would expect you to commit to approximately 5 days undertaking research and completing your assignments.
The assignment itself is to:
“Identify leadership development activities that are appropriate for your leadership in your own organisational context, devise a plan for development and evaluate the extent to which the plan, or part of it, has been successful”
This is broken down into the following activities:
- an Executive summary
- a 2 page analysis of your industry and leadership behaviours
- a 4 minute MP3 file on leadership behaviours
- Six-slide PowerPoint presentation with audio voice-over on leadership behaviours
- five-minute mp3 file on professional networking
- two-side plan using established planning tools on self-development
- Six-slide PowerPoint presentation with audio voice-over evaluating your success