What is The Executive Programme ?
“Manage well, Lead more…’’
Many people have the word ‘Manager’ in their job title, only to find that ‘leadership’ is talked about as something more desirable.
Our ILM Level 7 Award in Leadership & Management is a short, strategic programme for those wanting to unravel some of the mystery surrounding strategy, leadership and change. You will develop your own leadership skills and style, make informed decisions and enhance your personal brand.
Delivered in partnership with the Professional Development Centre, the programme encourages you to meet the challenges encountered in leadership and management head on. You need an open mind to challenge your way of doing things and that of those around you, be open to new styles of learning and be ready to discuss, be honest and want to learn.
Read our leadership & management brochure:
Who is it for?
This programme is for potential and practising senior managers and leaders seeking to develop themselves. It is for managers who are looking to make the best use of resources, and understand the need to innovate and optimise performance.
What will you learn?
The programme covers a number of topics that aim to encourage strategic thinking at a senior level. Topics include: strategic leadership, developing senior leaders, planning and implementing change and power, politics, influence and networking.
Why choose this course?
- Develop, implement and evaluate high-level, strategic business cases
- Learn how to think and act strategically, and make informed, evidence-based decisions
- Gain 10 credits towards a masters level programme
The Executive Programme
|18 May 2018 - 6 Sep 2018||Trefforest Campus Call Us to Book|
You can gain and ILM Level 7 Award in Leadership and Management by completing one assignment broken down into 6 tasks.
You will attend two half day tutorial support sessions to assist you with this and we would expect you to commit to approximately 5 days undertaking research and completing your assignments.
The assignment itself is to:
“Identify leadership development activities that are appropriate for your leadership in your own organisational context, devise a plan for development and evaluate the extent to which the plan, or part of it, has been successful”
This is broken down into the following activities:
- an Executive summary
- a 2 page analysis of your industry and leadership behaviours
- a 4 minute MP3 file on leadership behaviours
- Six-slide PowerPoint presentation with audio voice-over on leadership behaviours
- five-minute mp3 file on professional networking
- two-side plan using established planning tools on self-development
- Six-slide PowerPoint presentation with audio voice-over evaluating your success