The Welsh Institute of Chiropractic (WIOC) is a vibrant centre that provides superb teaching and practical hands-on support to students looking to pursue a career in the chiropractic profession. Studying a chiropractic degree at the University of South Wales has provided our graduates with a great opportunity to launch themselves into a chiropractic career of their choice; many of our graduates have remained locally and set up in practice, others have ventured further afield.
Furthering our commitment to ensuring professional competence and career development, WIOC provides a CPD seminar programme offering evening, one day and weekend seminars that will ensure skills and knowledge are challenged, enhanced and kept up to date. Current guidelines are that 30 CPD hours are advised to keep professional competence up to date.
2nd & 3rd June 2018, Lecture Theatre, Welsh Institute of Chiropractic, University of South Wales
Delivered by: Giles Gyer BSc (Hons) Ost and Jimmy Michael BSc (Hons) Ost from OMT Training
This OMT Medical Acupuncture CPD Course is designed to introduce and fully train participants in the use of Medical Acupuncture for the purpose of muscular pain relief. This course is not designed to treat pathological conditions as taught to TCM Acupuncturist and will focus on full MSK applications. The training will look at the most effective techniques taken from both Traditional Chinese Acupuncture and current Medical Acupuncture, giving the students a sound background of knowledge and skill to fully use OMT Medical Acupuncture techniques within their own practice. This course has been run for Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, Arsenal FC, Crystal Palace FC, Memphis Grizzlies NBA and throughout the world.
Techniques covered: Cervical Spine, Thoracic Spine, Lumbar Spine, Shoulders, Glutes and Pelvis, Upper extremities, Lower extremities
This course will give students the following:
• Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Medical Acupuncture
• Discuss current research for the use of medical acupuncture
• Relate the use of medical acupuncture to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions
• A high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use medical acupuncture
• Full certification
• A copy of our internationally published book “Dry Needling for Manual Therapists” for each attendee
• Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
• Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
• The handbook and PowerPoint are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
• Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course.
Saturday 2nd June: 08.30am – 16.30pm, Sunday 3rd June: 09.30am – 16.30pm
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE. Please contact Carol Hopkins on [email protected] or 01443 482763 to check availability.