The Welsh Institute of Chiropractic (WIOC) is a vibrant centre that provides superb teaching and practical hands-on support to students looking to pursue a career in the chiropractic profession. Studying a chiropractic degree at the University of South Wales has provided our graduates with a great opportunity to launch themselves into a chiropractic career of their choice; many of our graduates have remained locally and set up in practice, others have ventured further afield.
Furthering our commitment to ensuring professional competence and career development, WIOC provides a CPD seminar programme offering evening, one day and weekend seminars that will ensure skills and knowledge are challenged, enhanced and kept up to date. Current guidelines are that 30 CPD hours are advised to keep professional competence up to date.
Introduction to Chiropractic Neonatal Examination and Treatment – One and a half day seminar (10 hours CPD)
Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th October 2017, Welsh Institute of Chiropractic, University of South Wales
This one and half day weekend seminar will mix interactive and lecture sessions and will focus on:
- Eliciting and interpreting findings from history and clinical examination to construct a reasonable differential diagnosis.
- Preparation of a management plan, with consideration of adequate communication to children and their parents.
- Neonatal orthopaedic and neurological examination, looking at normal and abnormal findings, including Red Flags
- Conditions commonly seen in Chiropractic Practice
There will be a practical session covering chiropractic and cranio-sacral techniques suitable for newborns.
Cost: £135 (student/lecturer/Royal College of Chiropractors member rate), £175 (practitioner rate).
Examination of the Weight-Bearing Child – One and a half day seminar (10 hours CPD)
17th and 18th February 2018, Welsh Institute of Chiropractic, University of South Wales
This one and half day seminar will focus on:
- Orthopaedic & neurological examination of the weight bearing child.
- Growth and development.
- Testing for delayed development with exercises for retained infantile reflexes.
- Acupressure, Cranio‐Sacral Therapy & Gentle Touch Chiropractic for Children.
Conditions considered include: Otitis Media, Constipation, Growing Pains, Asthma, Bed Wetting and Sleeping problems.
Cost: £135 (student/lecturer/Royal College of Chiropractors member rate), £155 (practitioner rate before 30th November 2017) £175 (practitioner rate after 30th November 2017).
These seminars can be booked online by visiting our store or by completing a booking form and return it by fax:
USW Commercial Services, University of South Wales, Trefforest, Pontypridd, CF37 1DL